Address: Healesville Sanctuary
Phone: 1300 966 784
- Autumn at Zoos Victoria Autumn really is the best time of year to visit Melbourne and it’s also the perfect time to embark on an adventure at Victoria’s three great zoos;
- Healesville Sanctuary,
- Melbourne Zoo
- and Werribee Open Range Zoo.
- Healesville Sanctuary has just unveiled their Koala Close-Up Encounter taking place daily in the new Koala Forest exhibit. The treetops boardwalk is an impressive new home that sees koalas living the high life and now visitors can enjoy premium experience in the stunning surrounds too.
- Zoo Keepers at the Sanctuary have been busy preparing the koalas for the move and the new experience which involved continuous training during the move between exhibits as well as giving the koalas enough time to settle into their new home.
- To book at Close Up Encounter with koala, simply call 1300 966 784 or book yourself in at the Sanctuary admissions upon arrival.
- This school holidays at Werribee Open Range Zoo hang out with the hippos! Each day at 1.10pm Zoo Keepers will provide a fascinating insight into the behaviours, care and unique personalities of the hippo group in a brand new Hippo Keeper Talk. Beginning with a health check, where Keepers can take a good look at each hippo’s teeth, tusks and gums, this special presentation also includes a feed on the beach, with hippos emerging almost soundlessly from the water to forage on the banks. And at Melbourne Zoo visitors will be amazed by the seals impressive new skills. They will be showing off their behaviours in a brand new daily Keeper Talk where visitors will learn about the new community campaign When Balloons Fly, Seabirds Die.
- Melbourne Zoo’s seals will guide visitors through the increasing issue of plastic pollution in marine environments currently affecting a wide range of species. They will even let you know what you can do to combat the effects of plastic and debris on marine wildlife. The daily presentation is one not to be missed! See you for your autumn adventure at Victoria’s zoos.
- Autumn at your zoos Location: Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Zoo and Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Cost: Adults – general admission $32.50 /*Kids under 16 years old receive free entry on weekends, Victorian Government school holidays and public holidays.
- Opening times: Zoos Victoria’s three zoos are open 365 days between 9am and 5pm. Information: www.zoo.org.au
*Kids under 16 years old receive free entry on weekends, Victorian Government school holidays and public holidays