Playgrounds and indoor play centres will be closed, community sport is off and entertainment venues will be closed as Melburnians head into 6 weeks of lockdown.
Stage 3 restrictions take effect tonight.
You cannot have visitors in your home, unless for the purpose of caregiving.
Here’s some clarity around what that means:
- Restaurants and cafes can open to serve takeaway and home delivery only
- Libraries and community venues will be closed
- Indoor sports centres including gyms, training facilities and pools will be closed
- Community sport training and competition is off
- Galleries, museums, historic sites, zoos, outdoor amusement parks and arcades, play centres, indoor and drive-in cinemas, concert venues, theatres, auditoriums, arenas, stadiums, casinos and gaming venues will be closed.
- Outdoor sport facilities will be closed, except for facilities where people can exercise with no more than one other person or members of your household while maintaining 1.5 metres distance
- Holiday accommodation and camping facilities will be closed except for those who live there
- You can visit the beach, but only for the purpose of exercise
As for schools – Year 11 and 12 students will head back to school.
More details here:
- Shopping for food and supplies
- Medical care and caregiving
- Exercise and recreation
- Study and work – if you can’t do it from home